Sunday, February 20, 2011

Module 2: Film and Television

It was a fun module. First off there was the video clip on The Godfather which is one my all time favorite movies. What a great scen because it speaks volume about the Godfather, and hardly speaks in the scene. Additionally We made our own compelling video clips, which was interesting because I utilized my family as the actors. It was a scene where I was trying to capture the stress of motherhood. Which is funny because I wife was actually mad at me as I started recording. I just cam back from traveling, so naturally three children can be stressful. However, as I started recording it lightened the mood; and she started getting into it. She kept asking me to allow her to put on some makeup, but I was looking for a raw and real feel.

One thing that I found particularly interesting about the reading was the interview with Walter Murch, where he poses the question why does the cut transition work in editing? What I found more interesting was rationale that he offered, which was the experience through dreams allows our mind to process a non-linear story line.

No comments:

Post a Comment