Saturday, April 2, 2011

Module 4: Music Project

Last weeks analysis of the John Mayer song had me craving some Curtis Mayfield. So when it came time to do the music project, he was an obvious choice. I chose Give me your love, off the Superfly soundtrack. The video I created had images that felt describe the feel of the music. I divided the journey or analysis into three parts. 1 The Seduction 2. The Acceptance 3. The Act. I love this song, and this project gave the opportunity to discover why. The song starts smooth, but steady grove that continues to intensify after every hook. The groove remains the same, but new elements are added that contribute to the song's sense of urgency.

Class instruction should follow a similar groove or progression. I find it good to begin with simpler concepts that users can wrap their minds around and find some success early on. Gradually, you can introduce more complex subjects that should build on the concepts that were covered earlier on ib the lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment